Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Trust in the Lord

This week celebrates the 200th Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!  Wow!  The challenge is just to use spring colors which is perfect because it is actually starting to feel like spring now.  It's not just in my craft room.  :)  And I love this wonderful verse from an older ODBD set.

We have a holly tree in our yard that is not doing so well.  I can't say that I'm sad because once if it dies, I can replace it with my favorite - a pink dogwood.  But then our sweet neighbors across the street noticed it's failing health and thoughtfully gave us a holly spike (guess that's some special holly fertilizer) to perk it up.  Um, yay.

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, ODBD, Scripture, card

Recipe:
Paper:  K&Company Essentials Light Hue, Recollection, Bazzill
Dies:  ODBD Ornamental Crosses and Fancy Foliage

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my challenge team sisters:


To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here. You have until Sunday, May 4th to join us. For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

Challenges I am Playing in:




6 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana, your poor tree! But I agree with you - a pink dogwood is so much prettier!! And you've certainly created some paper dogwoods on your beautiful card! And I love this fabulous verse - one of my all-time favorites! What a beautiful card! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Diana!! I so love the pastels, that verse and your foliage that looks like a dogwood!!! That verse is my fave!! Gorgeous creation!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful springy colors!! Those little Dogwood blossoms are awesome and love your scripture!! Beautiful card Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful verse to go with the lovely spring colors!! Gorgeous flowers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bit about the tree made me laugh :-) But I think I like the pink dogwood better too (but I'm only going off photos - never seen either!) Love you card, beautiful layout and colours. And love the flowers with the leaves and branches :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such nosy neighbors! I love pink dogwoods! Back to your card....very lovely combo of spring colors, perfect verse and added floral textures equals beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!