Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Underwater Scene

Hi!  This is my third week as guest designer at Classy Cards 'n Such.  This week's challenge is to use rub-ons or stickers.  When I first started papercrafting, I would buy stickers and rub-ons but now I prefer to make my own embellishments.  But I still have those stickers and such because papercrafting is just another breed of hoarders, right?  :)

Some cards just kind of make themselves.  This was one of them - and it's very different from my usual cards!  I wanted to play with my new Texture Wave stencil from Classy Cards 'n Such.  I turned it sideways and started sponging in Tim Holtz Blue China.  It made me think of seaweeds waving in the water.  Years ago I had purchased some fish rub-ons to decorate the boys' bathroom (which I never got around to and then I no longer liked the idea...) so I found those (which is a miracle really) and used them on this card instead.  I fussy cut the two smaller fishes while they were still on that stiff plastic and popped them up for dimensions.  The edges were translucent like vellum and the extra stiffness was just perfect.  I used my Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics to make my frame and they are also popped up along with some of Verve's Sprightly Sprigs which were sponged with Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade.  Some final touches with baby pearls and a bit of tracing with the Sakura Star Dust pen to finish underwater scene.  Thanks for looking and I hope you find a way to repurpose art supplies!

Diana Nguyen, fish, card

Recipe:
Paper:  Bazzill and Recollection
Accessories: Memory Box Texture Wave Stencil, baby pearls,and Sakura Star Dust pen 

And remember, you can use the code DIANAN-10 (All caps, no spaces) to get 10% off your purchase.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!